What my main reasoning to start blogging was because of the Well-Being book, published by the GallUp organization, and start evaluating how I am living my well-being: Career, Community, Social, Financial, and Health. Which has become a huge initiative at the corporation I work at:Target Corporation. My transition from college life to the workforce had been difficult: new job, handling money, relationship issues, just change in general (as any transition for myself, I don't handle change well).
Some things you'll probably want to know about me.
- I'm an intense individual. If a conversation comes up regarding something I'm passionate about I tend to intimidate people. I get extremely frustrated where I can't put my thoughts into words and then I start crying.
- I'm direct. Very bold and blunt. It can get too far to a point where I hurt people I care about.
- My parents used to call me a bottler. I would hold everything in until I explode. I don't handle my personal feelings well and bottle them up until some final straw hits me and I explode. I've gotten much better, but, it still happens.
- My biggest fear in life is dying and not knowing I wasn't happy throughout my life.
- I'm extremely patient. Almost too patient to a point that I put up with crap and become extremely unhappy and still deal with it.
- I hate quitting. I am determined to figure something out if it kills me and makes me unhappy. Then, I finally give up.
- Efficiency and consistency is my game. Life is too short to be dwelling on things that won't matter in the grand scheme of things.
- I don't handle surprises/shock very well from close family and friends. I expect open communication and you won't see me spazzing out at you.
- I'm loyal. Almost too loyal to a point that I wonder why I spend time on people when they don't do the same for me.
- I want to do everything, and was raised with the mentality if I want to do it, I'll make time for it.
So, as a reader, I ask you this.
- Be open to my thoughts and processing. I process out loud. My thoughts come out as if they're in my head and I won't sugarcoat it. Until I've said it out loud and see what it comes off as.
- If this is too intense for you, don't read it. I'm a very vulnerable individual and can be cynical. Let me be, and trust me that my strength of positivity will shine.
- Feel free to comment, I take constructive criticism well (unless you REALLY pissed me off), or give me a call and we can chat over coffee.
- This is where I vent. So you'll find it negative, most of the time. But, once I get it out somewhere, then it's gone. Then no one sees it.
- Thank you for being a friend. I appreciate your friendship and support as I figure out my life and I hope I can do the same for you.
Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment